Pear And Custard Ripple CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Nov 02, 2020
Cooking Pear and custard ripple cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pear and custard ripple cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Go pearshaped with this sweet recipe using the most delightful of winter fruits.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pear And Custard Ripple Cake
- 150g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 beurre bosc pears, peeled, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
The instruction how to make Pear And Custard Ripple Cake
- Make custard Combine custard powder, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in remaining milk until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture simmers and thickens. Remove from heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
- Stir in half the sifted flours and milk. Repeat with remaining flours and milk. Spread half the cake mixture over base of prepared pan. Stir custard until nearly smooth. Spread over cake mixture. Arrange half the pear, in a single layer, over custard. Spoon remaining cake mixture over pear. Spread to level top. Top with remaining pear, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out, topside-up, onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Pear And Custard Ripple Cake
fatContent: 373.796 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 26 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol