Rhubarb And Hazelnut Crumb CakeBy Sophia Young On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Rhubarb and hazelnut crumb cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Rhubarb and hazelnut crumb cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cake meets crumble in this luscious dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Rhubarb And Hazelnut Crumb Cake
- 1 (550g) bunch young rhubarb
- 240g (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125g ground hazelnuts
- 185g unsalted butter, melted
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 40g caster sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g sliced almonds
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
The instruction how to make Rhubarb And Hazelnut Crumb Cake
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl, then rub in butter until mixture forms clumps. Rub through almonds and orange zest until evenly combined.
- Trim leaves and ends from rhubarb and discard, then cut into 2cm lengths and weigh the rhubarb; you will need 325g.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 24cm square cake tin and line with baking paper. Push sugar, flour, cinnamon and hazelnuts through a coarse sieve over a bowl, then stir in butter and egg whites until just combined. Spoon into tin, scatter with half the crumb topping, then rhubarb, then remaining topping. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 40 minutes or until firm. Cool in tin for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Rhubarb And Hazelnut Crumb Cake
fatContent: 581.009 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 41 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 71 milligrams cholesterol