Perfect-as-a-petal CakeBy Kathy Knudsen On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Perfect-as-a-petal cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Perfect-as-a-petal cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Made with real vanilla, this cake is adorned with three shades of sugared rose petals.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Perfect-as-a-petal Cake
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 x 453g ctns Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- Pink food colouring
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 large fresh roses, petals separated reserving 1 rosebud (see note)
- 100g-215g (1/2-1 cup) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Perfect-as-a-petal Cake
- To make the sugared rose petals, lightly whisk the egg white in a bowl. Lightly brush the petals and reserved rosebud with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar and shake off excess. Transfer to a lined tray and set aside for 2-3 hours or overnight, or until dry.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan. Line the base and side with baking paper to reach 4cm above the side of the pan.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, vanilla bean paste and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Fold in flour and buttermilk, in alternating batches, until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the sugar syrup, stir the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the frosting in a bowl until thick and spreadable. Beat in the food colouring, a few drops at a time, until you reach the desired colour (see note).
- Use a large serrated knife to trim the top from the cake. Cut horizontally into 3 even layers. Place 1 cake layer on a cake stand or plate. Brush with some of the sugar syrup. Spread with a thin layer of frosting. Continue layering with sugar syrup, frosting and the remaining cake. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and side of the cake. Use a spatula to make furrows up the side of the cake.
- Place the sugared rosebud on the centre of the cake. Decorate with sugared rose petals, layering in concentric circles, to represent an open rose.
Nutritions of Perfect-as-a-petal Cake
Tags : mothers day, birthday, wedding, snack, dessert, afternoon tea, morning tea, vanilla bean, caster sugar, buttermilk, egg, flour, bake, cake, pretty cake, recipe for high tea, baking, vanilla cake, cake decorating, how to,
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe