Decadent Chocolate Beetroot CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Oct 28, 2020
Cooking Decadent chocolate beetroot cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Decadent chocolate beetroot cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Normally reserved for soups, salads and sides, who would have thought vegetables go so well in cakes? Beetroot is the star of this decadent chocolate cake and we cant get enough.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Decadent Chocolate Beetroot Cake
- 250g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 500g beetroot, trimmed, peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 300ml double cream, to serve
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Decadent Chocolate Beetroot Cake
- Place butter, chocolate, beetroot, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until butter and chocolate have melted. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Using a stick blender, blend chocolate mixture until smooth. Set aside to cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with 3 layers of baking paper.
- Sift flours and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Whisk to combine. Add vanilla and egg, whisking to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out with some moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake completely in pan.
- Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place raspberries and caster sugar on tray. Toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until syrup just starts to brown around the edge. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make Fudgy Chocolate Ganache: Place chocolates and cream in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth. Stand for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is a thick, spreadable consistency.
- Cut cake in half horizontally. Place cake base on a serving plate. Top with 1/3 of the ganache. Top with remaining cake half. Spread top and side of cake with remaining ganache. Top with raspberry mixture. Serve with cream (see note).
Nutritions of Decadent Chocolate Beetroot Cake
fatContent: 26.768 calories
saturatedFatContent: 50.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 32.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10.9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 86.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3573 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler