Yoghurt And Citrus Semolina CakeBy Katrina Woodman On Oct 27, 2020
Cooking Yoghurt and citrus semolina cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Yoghurt and citrus semolina cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This zingy cake is the perfect afternoon tea pickmeup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Yoghurt And Citrus Semolina Cake
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 280g (1 1/2 cups) fine semolina
- 130g (1 1/4 cups) almond meal
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 4 eggs, separated
- 330g (1 1/4 cups) Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- Finely grated lemon rind, extra, to serve
- Finely grated orange rind, extra, to serve
- Natural sliced almonds, to serve
- 2 tablespoons Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 195g (1 1/4 cups) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Yoghurt And Citrus Semolina Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 26cm (top measurement) non-stick bundt pan well with butter. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes or until set. Repeat greasing with butter to double coat.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the semolina and almond meal. Stir to combine.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar, lemon and orange rind until pale and creamy. Beat in the yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half the flour mixture, half the yogurt and half the combined juice to butter mixture. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour mixture, yogurt and juice.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites and salt in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half the egg white mixture to the batter and gently fold until combined. Repeat with remaining egg white mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the yogurt glaze, whisk the yogurt, rinds and icing sugar in a bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle cake with glaze and sprinkle with almonds and extra lemon and orange rind. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
Nutritions of Yoghurt And Citrus Semolina Cake