Speckled Easter CakeBy Not available On Oct 26, 2020
Cooking Speckled Easter cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Speckled Easter cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Wow your friends with this divine speckled cake this Easter. It tastes as good as it looks.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Speckled Easter Cake
- 150g butter
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 80g (1/2 cup) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) dark cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g (1 cup) sour cream
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) hot water
- 150g dark chocolate melts, melted
- 150g butter
- 240g (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Blue food colouring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
The instruction how to make Speckled Easter Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a deep, 22 cm round tin. Line the base and sides with GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper.
- Beat the butter in the small bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the caster sugar and beat until light in colour. Add the brown sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when needed. Beat in the oil until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Fold in combined sifted flours, cocoa and soda alternately with the sour cream. Then fold in the hot water, until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the surface bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter in the small bowl of an electric mixer until very light and fluffy. Gradually add the icing sugar and the milk, beating well after each addition until light and creamy. Tint with blue food colouring, drop by drop until desired colour is achieved.
- Place the cake onto a serving plate or stand. Spread the top and sides with icing and smooth the surface. Refrigerate while making chocolate twists.
- To make chocolate twists, cut pieces of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper about 15-20 cm long and 1-2 cm wide. They donu2019t need to all be the same size. Lay a sheet of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper on a work surface. Spread 1-2 strips of baking paper with melted chocolate melts, not all the way to the end. Transfer the strips to a tray lined with another sheet of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper. Set aside at room temperature for a few minutes or until just starting to set but still pliable. In hot weather, you may need to refrigerate for 1-2 minutes. Loosely twist the strips onto a plain tray and secure the ends with tape to hold. Repeat until all the melts have been used. Refrigerate until the strips have completely set. Carefully remove from the tray and peel the paper off. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the chocolate speckle, combine vanilla and cocoa in a small jug. Place cake on a large sheet of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper. Using a stiff pastry brush or clean paint brush, dip the brush into the cocoa mixture and flick the brush over the cake (without touching it), to form a speckled effect. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Decorate cake with chocolate twists and serve.
Nutritions of Speckled Easter Cake