Layered Raspberry And Coconut CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Oct 25, 2020
Cooking Layered raspberry and coconut cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Layered raspberry and coconut cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Spoil your mum (or birthday girl) with this seriously special ombre cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Layered Raspberry And Coconut Cake
- 375g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 270ml can coconut milk
- Rose pink food colouring
- Fresh unsprayed rose, to decorate
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, crushed, thawed
- Rose pink food colouring
The instruction how to make Layered Raspberry And Coconut Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease three 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pans. Line base and sides with 3 layers of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition (mixture may curdle at this stage). Add 1/2 the flour and 1/2 the coconut milk. Beat until just combined. Add remaining flour and coconut milk, beating to combine. Divide mixture evenly into 3 bowls. Using food colouring, tint 1 portion very pale pink, 1 portion medium pink and the remaining portion a darker pink (see notes).
- Spoon 1 colour into each prepared pan, spreading to level. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cakes comes out clean. Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Turn, top-sides up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely (see notes).
- Make Buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar until well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon 1/2 the buttercream into a bowl. Fold in raspberries (dont over-mix). Place bright-pink cake on a serving plate. Top with 1/2 the raspberry buttercream, spreading to evenly cover top of cake. Place medium-pink cake on top. Top with remaining raspberry buttercream, spreading to evenly cover top of cake. Place remaining pale-pink cake on top.
- Place 1/4 of the remaining buttercream in a separate bowl and use food colouring to tint bright pink. Place 1/3 of the remaining buttercream in another bowl and tint pale pink. Keep remaining buttercream plain. Spread bright-pink buttercream around base of cake. Spread light-pink buttercream around middle of cake, then remaining plain buttercream around top edge and over the top of the cake. Using a spatula, blend the colours together slightly where they meet. Decorate top of cake with rose and serve.
Nutritions of Layered Raspberry And Coconut Cake
fatContent: 439.282 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol