Mandarin Syrup CakeBy Not available On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Mandarin syrup cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mandarin syrup cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Use your left over mandarins to make this deliciously moist mandarin and syrup cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mandarin Syrup Cake
- Plain flour, to dust
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated mandarin rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Coles Brand Australian free range eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- Greek-style yoghurt, extra, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mandarin juice (about 2 mandarins)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) caster sugar
- 4 mandarins, zested, peeled
The instruction how to make Mandarin Syrup Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm baba pan. Lightly dust the inside of the pan with flour.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, mandarin rind, cinnamon and cardamom until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the combined flour and yoghurt and combine. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile to make the poached mandarins, combine the mandarin juice and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 mins or until syrup thickens. Remove from heat.
- Use a serrated knife to cut 2 of the mandarins in half crossways. Segment the remaining mandarin. Place the mandarin halves, segments and zest in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the syrup.
- Pour the hot syrup over the warm cake. Top cake with mandarin pieces. Serve with Greek-style yoghurt.
Nutritions of Mandarin Syrup Cake
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone