Chocolate Raspberry Layer CakeBy Not available On Oct 24, 2020
Cooking Chocolate raspberry layer cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate raspberry layer cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For the ultimate indulgent dessert try this irresistible chocolate raspberry layer cake!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (550g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 500g unsalted butter, softened
- 1kg icing sugar mixture
- 300g white chocolate, melted, cooled
- Pink liquid food colouring
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
The instruction how to make Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line 2 x 20cm round cake pans with baking paper. Combine the chocolate and 2 cups (500ml) water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, almond meal and cocoa in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture and chocolate mixture, in alternating batches, to the butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until just combined. Divide among prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centres of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside for 15 mins before turning the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the buttercream, place the raspberries in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until raspberries are softened. Strain through a fine sieve into a small bowl, using the back of a spoon to push as much pulp through as possible. Set aside to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Add the raspberry puree and beat to combine. Add the white chocolate and beat until well combined. Add a few drops of pink liquid food colouring and beat until well combined.
- Use a long serrated knife to trim a thin layer off the top of each cake. Cut each cake evenly into 3 equal layers about 2cm thick.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with the buttercream. Continue layering with remaining cake layers and buttercream. Spread the top and side of the cake with remaining buttercream. Transfer the cake to the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Meanwhile, to make the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate, cream and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the chilled cake until it begins to drizzle down the side of the cake. Transfer the cake to the fridge for 15 mins to chill. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
fatContent: 912.98 calories
saturatedFatContent: 50 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 105 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein