Chocolate & Caramel Celebration CakeBy Not available On Oct 21, 2020
Cooking Chocolate & caramel celebration cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate & caramel celebration cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Celebrate in style with this gorgeous chocolate and caramel cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate & Caramel Celebration Cake
- 380g Cadbury Dark Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 225g butter, at room temperature, plus 20g chopped butter, extra
- 1 cup Coles Brand Caster Sugar
- 9 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 300ml ctn cream
- 600ml ctn thickened cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Caster Sugar
- 150g Cadbury Dark Baking Chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate & Caramel Celebration Cake
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C or 150u00b0C fan. Grease and line bases and sides of two 22cm Coles cook&dine springform pans.
- Melt 220g chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter, caster sugar and yolks in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate until combined.
- Use a clean electric mixer to beat egg white in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Fold flour into chocolate mixture. Whisk in one-third of egg white until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg white, in 2 batches, until combined. Pour two-thirds of the batter into 1 prepared pan and remaining batter into remaining pan (see Note). Place both cakes in oven. Bake smaller cake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 mins, then remove side of pan. Bake larger cake for a further 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 mins, then remove side of pan. Cool cakes completely. Remove bases and paper.
- Meanwhile, stir the brown sugar, extra butter and 1/2 cup of the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4-5 mins or until thickened. Pour into a jug. Chill until thickened.
- To make the praline & chocolate shards, line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place almonds on 1 tray. Stir sugar and 1 tbsp water in a small saucepan over low heat for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 4-5 mins or until golden. Pour over almonds, spreading with spatula. Cool. Finely chop. Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Pour onto remaining prepared tray and use a spatula to spread until 2-3mm thick. Sprinkle with half the praline. Chill for 20 mins or until set. Break into shards. Keep chilled until ready to decorate.
- Place remaining chocolate in a large bowl. Bring remaining cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Stand for 5 mins. Whisk until combined. Chill for 30 mins or until thickened but still spreadable.
- Use a serrated knife to split the larger cake. Place base on a large plate. Spread with half the whipped cream. Drizzle with half the caramel. Continue layering with remaining cake, whipped cream and caramel, finishing with cake. Spread ganache on top. Arrange chocolate shards and sprinkle with remaining chopped praline.
Nutritions of Chocolate & Caramel Celebration Cake
fatContent: 530.102 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 34.2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6.8 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler