Basic Butter CakeBy Not available On Oct 19, 2020
Cooking Basic butter cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Basic butter cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Its back to basic favourites with this butter cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Basic Butter Cake
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature (see Notes)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 15g butter
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Basic Butter Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl using an electric mixer, until pale and creamy. (see Notes)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down sides of bowl. Lightly fold flour into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until cooked, when tested. Cool in pan for 5 mins, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the vanilla icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter, water and vanilla. Beat well with a wooden spoon until a smooth spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Decorate, if desired. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Basic Butter Cake