Lemon-whisky CakeBy Amanda Sommerville, Mitchell Heights, WA (reader recipe) On Oct 17, 2020
Cooking Lemon-whisky cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lemon-whisky cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Whisky gives a richer flavour to this sensational afternoon tea cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lemon-whisky Cake
- 1 large lemon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) whisky
- Melted butter, to grease
- 185g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 170g (1 cup) sultanas
- Bought custard, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Lemon-whisky Cake
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from the lemon. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Combine the lemon rind and whisky in a bowl. Cover and set aside for 2 hours or overnight to soak. Strain the whisky and reserve. Discard the lemon rind.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Add the flour, sultanas and reserved whisky, and stir until just combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Add to the flour mixture and fold to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut the cake into wedges and serve with custard, if desired.
Nutritions of Lemon-whisky Cake
fatContent: 477.761 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 35 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 134 milligrams cholesterol