Orange & Polenta Syrup CakeBy Michelle Southan On Oct 15, 2020
Cooking Orange & polenta syrup cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Orange & polenta syrup cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This zesty polenta cake is a delicious tea time treat.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Orange & Polenta Syrup Cake
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) cornmeal (polenta)
- 250g butter, melted
- 1 orange, rind grated and juiced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125) sour cream
- 1 cup (330g) orange breakfast marmalade
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange & Polenta Syrup Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a 22cm round cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Combine 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour, 1 cup (220g) caster sugar and 1/2 cup (90g) cornmeal (polenta) in a large bowl.
- Add 250g butter, melted, 1 orange, rind grated and juiced, 3 eggs and 1/2 cup (125) sour cream. Stir until well combined. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Heat 1 cup (330g) orange breakfast marmalade and 3 tablespoons orange juice in a saucepan over a medium heat until runny. Pour over cake and serve with double cream.
Nutritions of Orange & Polenta Syrup Cake
fatContent: 596.305 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 137 milligrams cholesterol