Orange & Almond CakeBy Robyn Russell On Oct 13, 2020
Cooking Orange & almond cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Orange & almond cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Fill your home with the gorgeous aroma of freshly baked orange & almond cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Orange & Almond Cake
- 2 large navel oranges, (choose oranges with unblemished skins as the whole fruit is used in this recipe)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder*
- Pure icing sugar to serve
The instruction how to make Orange & Almond Cake
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Grease and line the base of a heart-shaped pan.
- Place the two whole oranges in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, ensuring that the oranges remain covered with water. Drain and cool. Chop the oranges into quarters, discard any seeds, then place the chunks into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until thick, then add the orange puree, ground almonds and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Leave the cake to firm up in the pan for 20 minutes then turn out, remove the baking paper and turn over to finish cooling right way up. This cake definitely mellows with a little time and can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance.
- To serve, sift icing sugar on top and decorate with orange zest and almonds.
Nutritions of Orange & Almond Cake
Tags : vegetarian, pescatarian, icing sugar, gluten free baking powder, nuts, almonds, caster sugar, egg, fruit, orange, birthday, family friendly, kid friendly, dessert, picnic, finger food, quick, bake, easy,