Upside-down Plum CakeBy Annette Forrest On Oct 12, 2020
Cooking Upside-down plum cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Upside-down plum cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Upside-down Plum Cake
- 175g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 800g firm blood plums, halved, stones removed
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- Vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Upside-down Plum Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Melt 50g butter. Drizzle evenly over base of pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place plums, skin side down, in pan to cover base.
- Using electric beaters, beat remaining 125g butter, caster sugar and vanilla on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in almond meal and flour. Spoon mixture over plums. Smooth surface.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a serving plate. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Upside-down Plum Cake
fatContent: 487.799 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 40 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 131 milligrams cholesterol