Nut & Chocolate CakeBy Jane Charlton On Oct 10, 2020
Cooking Nut & chocolate cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Nut & chocolate cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Nut & Chocolate Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 200g pkt dried diced prunes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 100g pkt almond meal (Ducks brand)
- 175g butter, softened
- 220g (1 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 100g pkt macadamias, roughly chopped (Ducks brand*)
- 1 75g pkt toasted slivered almonds (Ducks brand*)
- 1 200g pkt dark cooking chocolate (Plaistowe brand), broken into squares then cut in half
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional), extra Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Nut & Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the prunes and brandy in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 45 minutes to macerate.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour. Sift remaining flour together with allspice in a medium bowl. Add the almond meal and stir to combine.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined. Use a large metal spoon to fold in half the flour mixture until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the flour.
- Drain the brandy from the prunes and discard. Add the macadamias, almonds, chocolate pieces and reserved flour. Use a metal spoon to gently fold the prunes into the butter mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the lined pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake, in preheated oven, for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, brush with the extra brandy over the top. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Nutritions of Nut & Chocolate Cake
fatContent: 814.034 calories
saturatedFatContent: 50 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 50 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, chocolate, almonds, macadamia, egg, sugar, butter, almond meal, party, birthday, flour, brandy, prunes, family friendly, snack, afternoon tea, cake, slow cook, dessert, tea, baking, easy, simple, everyday,