Pork Leg Roast With Roasted Shallots And PotatoesBy Curtis Stone On Jul 15, 2020
Cooking Pork leg roast with roasted shallots and potatoes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pork leg roast with roasted shallots and potatoes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try cooking Curtis Stones delicious rosemary salt crusted pork leg roast with roasted shallots and potatoes for the family.BzeTJnbjrWMJZopIvEHN_NODxI_CQ
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pork Leg Roast With Roasted Shallots And Potatoes
- 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (or coar se salt)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1.5kg easy carve pork leg roast, scored, twine removed
- 1-1.5kg Carisma potatoes, cut into halves diagonal
- 8 shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Pork Leg Roast With Roasted Shallots And Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200u02daC (180u02daC fan forced). Place rosemary in roasting pan, drizzle with oil and cook for 8-10 minutes until dry and crispy. Remove and cool.
- Remove rosemary leaves from stem and add to mortar and pestle or food processor with the salt. Pulse until rosemary is ground and incorporated into the salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 250C (225C fan forced) and place large baking tray in oven to preheat for potatoes.
- Rub herbed salt into the pork skin, working into the score marks and all over the leg. Place pork on small rack in large baking dish, skin side up. Cook in oven for about 20 minutes to crisp the skin.
- While pork leg is cooking, toss potatoes, shallots and garlic with smoked paprika and oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- After 20 minutes , reduce the heat to 180C (160C fan forced). Remove preheated baking tray from oven and scatter the potatoes around the pan in a single layer.
- Place potatoes in oven with pork and cook a further 45 minutes until pork is cooked through or a thermometer reads 55u02daC (as a rule, cook for 20-25 minutes per 500g of weight) and potatoes are crispy and tender.
- Remove pork from oven and stand for 20 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Remove potatoes and keep covered with foil .
- Slice the pork and serve with the potatoes, shallots and any remaining pan juices.
Nutritions of Pork Leg Roast With Roasted Shallots And Potatoes
fatContent: 557.826 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 161 milligrams cholesterol