Snowy Mountains CakeBy Valli Little On Oct 03, 2020
Cooking Snowy Mountains cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Snowy Mountains cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This beautifully moist flourless chocolate cake is topped with fluffy clouds of whipped cream.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Snowy Mountains Cake
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 120g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs, separated
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum or brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
The instruction how to make Snowy Mountains Cake
- reheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm springform pan.
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (dont let the bowl touch the water). When the chocolate and butter have melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir the chocolate and butter gently until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters, cream the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and thick. Add the vanilla extract, rum or brandy and cocoa, then fold in the chocolate mixture using a metal spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add the cream of tartar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold a little of the eggwhite mixture into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the rest.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake pan, then place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is firm on the outside (it should still be gooey in the centre).
- Remove from the oven (the cake will deflate and crack slightly, but the cream topping will cover it) and set aside in the pan to cool. Transfer the cake to a serving platter and fill the centre with whipped cream, making little peaks to resemble snow-capped mountains. Dust with a little extra cocoa to serve.
Nutritions of Snowy Mountains Cake
fatContent: 870.199 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 33 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 78 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 284 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons