Banana Cake With Passionfruit IcingBy Amanda Kelly On Oct 02, 2020
Cooking Banana cake with passionfruit icing step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Banana cake with passionfruit icing you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cinnamonspiced banana cake with passionfruit icing makes a charming teatime treat.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Banana Cake With Passionfruit Icing
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, softened
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 160ml (2/3 cup) buttermilk
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons unstrained passionfruit pulp
The instruction how to make Banana Cake With Passionfruit Icing
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush an 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang slightly.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined.
- Stir in half the combined flours, and half the cinnamon and ginger until just combined. Stir in buttermilk, remaining combined flours, cinnamon and ginger, and banana until combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack for 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the passionfruit icing, heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the coconut and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat. Use an electric beater to beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and passionfruit pulp in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Place the cake on a serving platter. Use a round-bladed knife to spread the icing over the cake. Sprinkle with coconut and cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Banana Cake With Passionfruit Icing
fatContent: 518.391 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 36 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, bake, afternoon tea, snack, dessert, passionfruit, cream cheese, coconut, buttermilk, flour, egg, brown sugar, butter, cake, banana recipes, cakes, morning tea, desserts, baking, moist banana cake, banana c, spring, high protein, ,