Rhubarb Yoghurt CakeBy Kerrie Sun On Oct 01, 2020
Cooking Rhubarb yoghurt cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Rhubarb yoghurt cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
(+ mins cooling time)
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Rhubarb Yoghurt Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 bunch (about 700g) rhubarb, trimmed, washed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 260g (1 cup) natural yoghurt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 35g (1/3 cup) flaked almonds
The instruction how to make Rhubarb Yoghurt Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a square 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper. Combine rhubarb and 55g (1/4 cup) of the sugar in a baking dish. Cook, covered, in oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat together butter, remaining sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined.
- Stir in flour, yoghurt and milk until combined. Spoon half the mixture evenly over the base of prepared pan. Top with rhubarb. Spoon over remaining mixture and smooth surface. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and almonds in a bowl. Sprinkle cake with almond mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutritions of Rhubarb Yoghurt Cake
fatContent: 563.323 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 32 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 145 milligrams cholesterol