Salmon & Caper CakesBy H. Quinian, Roleystone, WA. On Oct 01, 2020
Cooking Salmon & caper cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Salmon & caper cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try these fish cakes made with salmon and red Pontiac potato.Add a salad, tartare sauce and lemon wedges to complete the meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Salmon & Caper Cakes
- 2 (about 250g each) salmon fillets
- 4 pontiac potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, finely chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 105g (1 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Tartare sauce, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Salmon & Caper Cakes
- Fill a frying pan with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add salmon and simmer for 5 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon, and use a fork to flake. Add to the mashed potato along with the hard-boiled egg, caper, gherkin, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and shallot. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salmon mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into 8cm patties. Transfer to a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Place flour, whisked egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Coat 1 patty in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to coat. Place on a tray. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining patties. Divide patties among plates. Serve with salad, tartare sauce and lemon.
Nutritions of Salmon & Caper Cakes
fatContent: 732.296 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein