Kumara And Pea Rice CakesBy Emma Braz On Sep 29, 2020
Cooking Kumara and pea rice cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Kumara and pea rice cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
These sweet potato and rice patties will set the scene for your lowfat feast.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Kumara And Pea Rice Cakes
- 100g (1/2 cup) white long-grain rice
- 1 medium (about 500g) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen baby peas
- 25g (1/3 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 x 120g pkt baby Asian greens
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Creme fraiche, to serve
The instruction how to make Kumara And Pea Rice Cakes
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until almost smooth.
- Add the rice, peas, breadcrumbs, cumin, garlic, egg and parsley to the sweet potato, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the sweet potato mixture into 12 equal portions and shape into 6cm patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Divide the Asian greens and patties among serving plates. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and serve with creme fraiche.
Nutritions of Kumara And Pea Rice Cakes
fatContent: 315.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9.5 grams protein
Tags : dinner, lunch, pan fry, boil, cumin, healthy, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, peas, sweet potatoes, vegetarian, rice, sweet potato, kumara, fritters, sides, side dish, traditional, winter, easy, simple, everyday, budget, cheap, kid friendly,