Country Pear CakeBy Louise Pickford On Sep 29, 2020
Cooking Country pear cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Country pear cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Made with sweet packham pears and walnuts, this moist cake is easy to whip up for any family occasion.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Country Pear Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pear juice
- 3 (about 450g) packham pears, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 65g (1/3 cup) sultanas
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Honey, extra, to serve
- Creme fraiche, to serve
The instruction how to make Country Pear Cake
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined. Sift together the flour and baking powder over the butter mixture and gently fold until just combined. Add the pear juice and fold to combine.
- Add the pear, walnut, sultanas and mixed spice and stir to combine. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Brush the cake with honey. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into wedges and place on serving plates. Drizzle with extra honey and serve with creme fraiche, if desired.
Nutritions of Country Pear Cake
fatContent: 521.737 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 52 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 97 milligrams cholesterol