Savoury Kugel CakeBy Dixie Elliott On Sep 28, 2020
Cooking Savoury kugel cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Savoury kugel cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Creamy pasta baked into a delicious cheesy savoury cake, perfect for a feeding a hungry crowd.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Savoury Kugel Cake
- 400g dried fettuccine
- 40g butter
- 3 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated, squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 300g Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely grated
- 300g tub sour cream
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 50g (2/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated tasty cheese
- 2 x 130g pkts sweet berry truss tomatoes
- Micro herbs, to serve
The instruction how to make Savoury Kugel Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, round 24cm (base measurement) cake pan or baking dish and line the base and side with baking paper. Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, zucchini, pumpkin, sour cream, cottage cheese, egg, mozzarella, parmesan and 1 cup tasty cheese to the pasta. Stir until well combined. Season.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared cake pan or baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup tasty cheese. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly before removing from the cake pan or dish.
- While the kugel is cooking, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Add to the oven for the last 20 minutes of kugel cooking time. Roast until softened.
- Top the kugel with the roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with herbs.
Nutritions of Savoury Kugel Cake
fatContent: 759.542 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 26.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 325 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe