Favourite Chocolate CakeBy Liz Macri On Aug 02, 2020
Cooking Favourite chocolate cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Favourite chocolate cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Keep this nofail, fivestar recipe under your belt to make for kids parties, dinner parties or a decadent family treat!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Favourite Chocolate Cake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups raw caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate curls, to decorate (optional)
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Favourite Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place flours, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and sifted cocoa in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Whisk eggs and buttermilk in a jug. Stir buttermilk, then chocolate, into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until a spreadable consistency.
- Split cake in half. Place base of cake on serving plate. Spread over half the ganache. Sandwich with cake top. Spread top and side of cake with remaining ganache. Top with chocolate curls, if using. Stand for 10 minutes or until ganache sets slightly. Serve.
Nutritions of Favourite Chocolate Cake
fatContent: 738.749 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 27 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 59 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 144 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : kids party, kid friendly, snack, afternoon tea, morning tea, birthday, dessert, cream, buttermilk, cocoa powder, egg, flour, dark chocolate, cake, bake, chocolate, chocolate cake, baking, how to bake a chocolate cake, chocolate cake recipes, chocol, high ,