Orange And Pistachio Polenta CakeBy Liz Macri On Aug 01, 2020
Cooking Orange and pistachio polenta cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Orange and pistachio polenta cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Orange And Pistachio Polenta Cake
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 orange, peeled, thinly sliced
- whipped cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
The instruction how to make Orange And Pistachio Polenta Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, orange rind and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Fold in flour, polenta, pistachios and yoghurt. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Smooth top. Arrange orange slices over top of cake. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cool top-side up.
- Meanwhile, make orange syrup: Combine sugar, juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Serve cake with syrup and cream.
Nutritions of Orange And Pistachio Polenta Cake
fatContent: 486.126 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 44 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol