Sherry Trifle CakeBy Kathy Knudsen On Jul 29, 2020
Cooking Sherry trifle cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sherry trifle cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A tempting twist on a classic dessert, this is fruity and creamy with a sweet sherry kick.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sherry Trifle Cake
- 1 x 340g pkt golden butter cake mix
- Olive oil, to grease
- 180g (1/2 cup) raspberry jam
- 1 x 400g can sliced peaches in natural juice, drained, thinly sliced
- 60g toasted flaked almonds
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
- 625ml (21/2 cups) milk
- 1 x 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
The instruction how to make Sherry Trifle Cake
- Prepare and bake the butter cake mix following packet directions. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake horizontally into 4 even layers.
- To make the custard, combine the sugar, custard powder and a little of the milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining milk, stirring constantly until the custard boils and thickens. Pour into a heatproof bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the custard (this will prevent a skin forming). Set aside to cool completely. Use an electric beater to beat 80ml (1/3 cup) of the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Whisk the custard to soften. Use a metal spoon to fold the custard into the cream until combined.
- To make the sherry syrup, place the sherry, sugar and water in a jug and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with oil to lightly grease. Line the base and side with plastic wrap, allowing it to overhang. Place 1 cake layer in the base of the pan. Drizzle over a little of the sherry syrup. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the jam. Top with one-third of the custard and one-third of the peach. Continue layering with the remaining cake layers, sherry syrup, jam, custard and peach, finishing with a layer of cake. Press down gently. Cover with plastic and place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Use an electric beater to beat the remaining cream in a small bowl until firm peaks form. Spread over the top and side of the cake. Sprinkle with almonds to serve.
Nutritions of Sherry Trifle Cake
fatContent: 377.859 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 35 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon