Chocolate Crepe CakeBy Valli Little On Jul 28, 2020
Cooking Chocolate crepe cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chocolate crepe cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Use the art of illusion create a luscious cake which will never fall flat. Layers of crepes and chocolate coffee filling make this beautiful dessert irresistible.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chocolate Crepe Cake
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 eggs, plus 3 egg yolks
- 600ml milk
- 40g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra melted butter to brush
- Pure (thin) cream, to serve
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 150ml milk
- 100ml thickened cream
- 100ml strong black coffee (espresso)
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Chocolate Crepe Cake
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, yolks and milk in a blender or food processor until smooth, then pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes. Just before cooking, stir 40g melted butter (2 tablespoons) through the batter.
- Heat an 18cm crepe pan or non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Brush with extra melted butter, add enough batter to coat base, swirl to cover, then tip out any excess. Cook for 45 seconds, then flip and cook for 30 seconds more or until golden. Repeat with butter and remaining batter (you should have about 20 crepes), stacking with baking paper in between. The crepes can be made 2 days ahead, then wrapped in foil and refrigerated, or frozen for up to 1 month. If frozen, defrost at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (ensure bowl doesnt touch water). Stir in butter, milk, cream, coffee and sugar, then whisk until mixture is smooth and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes until mixture cools and thickens.
- Lightly grease an 18cm springform pan. Reserve 1/3 cup of filling for later. Place a crepe in pan and spread with a little filling. Continue layering, finishing with a crepe.u00a0 Cover cake with foil and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Place cake pan on a baking tray and heat gently for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, reheat remaining filling in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes until warm. Serve cake drizzled with filling and pure cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate Crepe Cake
fatContent: 553.763 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 32 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 191 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, vegetarian, spring, summer, party, kids party, kid friendly, dessert, bake, milk, egg, sugar, flour, coffee, cake, chocolate, pancakes, crepe, layer cake, baking, tea, special occasion, simple, easy, high protein, low sodium,