Tropical Sunrise Sorbet CakeBy Kim Coverdale On Jul 26, 2020
Cooking Tropical sunrise sorbet cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tropical sunrise sorbet cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This showstopping frozen dessert featuring vanilla icecream, mango and berry sorbets, fresh mango and a butternut snap cookie base will be loved by all the family. Youll need to start this recipe one day ahead.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tropical Sunrise Sorbet Cake
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 250g packet butternut snap cookies
- 75g butter, melted
- 750ml mango sorbet
- 750ml summer berries sorbet
- 1 large sliced mango, to decorate
- 12 mini vanilla meringues, to decorate
- Lime zest, to decorate
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
The instruction how to make Tropical Sunrise Sorbet Cake
- Grease a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 25.5cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Place ice-cream in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften (ice-cream should not be melted).
- Meanwhile, process biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter. Process until combined.
- Spoon ice-cream and sorbets, alternating, into prepared pan, gently pressing with the back of spoon as you layer to remove any air bubbles. Top with biscuit mixture, pressing to secure. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Make passionfruit and lime syrup. Place sugar, passionfruit pulp and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Stand ice-cream cake at room temperature for 5 minutes. Turn onto a serving plate. Remove and discard baking paper. Decorate with mango, meringues, lime zest, and drizzle with passionfruit and lime syrup. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tropical Sunrise Sorbet Cake
fatContent: 483.019 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 87.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 23 milligrams cholesterol