Pumpkin Pie Spice CakeBy Not available On Jul 24, 2020
Cooking Pumpkin pie spice cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pumpkin pie spice cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For the perfect autumn centerpiece, try this seasonal pumpkin cake topped with a delicious cinnamon and cream cheese icing.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake
- 375g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (600g) pumpkin puree
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (65g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground allspice
The instruction how to make Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of two 20cm (base measurement) round cake pans with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the pumpkin and beat until well combined (the mixture may look slightly curdled at this stage).
- Add the flour and buttermilk, in alternating batches, and stir until just combined. Divide between prepared pans and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into each centre comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 mins before turning onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese icing, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar in batches, beating well after each addition. Beat in nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice until well combined.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread the top and side with half the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake. Spread with remaining icing.
- To make the praline, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the sugar dissolves and caramelises. Remove from heat. Add pepitas. Gently swirl pan to combine. Pour over lined tray. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Break into shards. Place around side of cake. Sprinkle small praline pieces over the cake.
Nutritions of Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake
fatContent: 637.174 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein