Rum Ball CakeBy Katrina Woodman On Jul 22, 2020
Cooking Rum ball cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Rum ball cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Transform the Aussie bakery fave into a showstopper!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Rum Ball Cake
- 65g (1/3 cup) raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) dark cocoa powder
- 120g sour cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 155g (3/4 cup) raw caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), melted, cooled
- Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolate balls, dipped in chocolate, to decorate (optional)
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 30g coconut chips, toasted
The instruction how to make Rum Ball Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the bases and sides of 2 round 20cm (base measurement) cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Combine the raisins and rum in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Set aside to macerate.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Whisk the sour cream and milk together in a jug until smooth.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cooled chocolate and beat until just combined. Add half the flour mixture and half the sour cream mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Repeat with the raisin mixture and remaining flour mixture and sour cream mixture until just combined. Divide between prepared pans. Smooth. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the ganache, place the chocolates and cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of just simmering water (donu2019t let bowl touch the water). Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes. Slowly stir in the rum until combined. Set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2-2 1/2 hours or until thick and spreadable.
- For the praline, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Boil, brushing the sides occasionally with a wet pastry brush and without stirring, for 16 minutes or until golden caramel. Quickly pour over prepared tray. Sprinkle with coconut. Set aside to set. Break into large shards.
- Cut cakes horizontally into 2 layers. Place 1 cake base on a platter. Spread with a heaped 1u20442 cup ganache. Continue layering with remaining cake and ganache, finishing with ganache. Top with praline. Decorate with Lindor balls, if using.
Nutritions of Rum Ball Cake