Berry And Rosewater Trifle CakeBy Valli Little On Jul 20, 2020
Cooking Berry and rosewater trifle cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Berry and rosewater trifle cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All the best elements of a trifle and a cake come together in this strikingly beautiful dessert.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Berry And Rosewater Trifle Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 60g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 350g mixed summer berries
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 200ml thickened cream
- Edible flowers (optional), to serve
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries
- 1/3 cup (50g) caster sugar
- 4 gold-strength gelatine leaves
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Berry And Rosewater Trifle Cake
- To make the jelly, place strawberries in a large metal bowl with caster sugar and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cover with foil to seal well, then place over a pan of simmering water for 40 minutes. Remove foil from bowl and strain strawberry mixture into a large jug or bowl, discarding solids.
- Soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, then add to strawberry mixture, stirring to dissolve. Add rosewater and stir to combine. Pour into a shallow tray. Cool, then chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, for the creme patissiere, using a balloon whisk, whisk egg yolks, sugar, flour and cornflour together in a large bowl. Combine the milk and vanilla in a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until almost boiling, then, whisking constantly, add to egg-yolk mixture. Return mixture to a clean pan over low heat and cook, stirring, until mixture is very thick. Strain through a sieve into a bowl and cover surface closely with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. Cool for 10 minutes, then chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line base and side of a 22cm springform cake pan. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar for 8 minutes or until thick. Sift over the flour and pour in the butter, then carefully fold through the egg mixture. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble cake, combine berries, icing sugar and rosewater in a bowl. Invert jelly onto a board and cut into 2.5cm cubes. Whisk cream to soft peaks, then fold through the creme patissiere. Spread over the cake, then top with berries and jelly cubes, and garnish with edible flowers, if using.
Nutritions of Berry And Rosewater Trifle Cake