Pineapple Curd CakeBy Alison Adams On Jul 19, 2020
Cooking Pineapple curd cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pineapple curd cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A few slices of fresh pineapple contain your entire daily intake of immunityboosting vitamin C, so treat yourself to this delicious layered cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pineapple Curd Cake
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 300ml double cream, whipped
- Baby mint or basil leaves, to serve
- 700g pineapple, trimmed, cored, pureed, strained (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150g (1 cup) pure icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
The instruction how to make Pineapple Curd Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Grease and line the base of two 20cm (base measurement) cake pans. Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in flour and coconut milk in alternating batches until combined. Divide between pans. Smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pans.
- Meanwhile, for the curd, whisk juice, cornflour, sugar, yolks and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool. Place in the fridge until set.
- For buttercream icing, use electric beaters to beat butter until very pale. Gradually add icing sugar. Beat until creamy. Beat in milk.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut each cooled cake in half horizontally. Place 1 piece of cake, cut-side up, on a platter. Reserve 60ml (1/4 cup) of the curd. Fold remaining curd through whipped cream. Spread cake with one-third of the curd mixture. Top with another piece of cake, then half the remaining curd mixture. Repeat with another piece of cake and the remaining curd mixture. Top with the remaining cake. Spread buttercream icing over top of cake. Drizzle with the reserved curd. Sprinkle with baby herbs.
Nutritions of Pineapple Curd Cake