Fig Cake With Caramel SauceBy Sarah Hobbs On Jul 19, 2020
Cooking Fig cake with caramel sauce step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fig cake with caramel sauce you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This irresistibly moist fig cake is given the final touch with a luscious, sticky caramel sauce.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fig Cake With Caramel Sauce
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g (3/4 cup) whole dried figs, finely chopped
- 120g (2/3 cup) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) boiling water
- 1 x English breakfast tea bag
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar, extra
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 50g butter, extra
- Fresh figs, to serve
The instruction how to make Fig Cake With Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine figs, dates, water and tea bag in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak. Remove tea bag.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda alternately with the fig mixture, in 2 batches, until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pan and smooth the surface with the back of the spoon. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the extra sugar, cream and extra butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture just comes to the boil (see microwave tip). Remove from heat.
- Serve fig cake drizzled with the caramel sauce and topped with fresh figs.
Nutritions of Fig Cake With Caramel Sauce
fatContent: 545.398 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 54 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 131 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : family friendly, pescatarian, vegetarian, party, birthday, dessert, butter, cream, brown sugar, egg, sugar, dates, cake, fruit, figs, caramel, bake, baking, tea, comfort food, special occasion, high protein, high fibre,
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon