Coffee Pecan CakeBy Sarah Hobbs On Jul 17, 2020
Cooking Coffee pecan cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Coffee pecan cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This moist coffee cake with sweet sugar syrup is easy to whip up for any family occasion.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Coffee Pecan Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 275g (1 1/4 cups) demerara sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 125g (1 cup) pecan halves
- 110g (1/2 cup) demerara sugar, extra
- 185ml (3/4 cup) cold water
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick
The instruction how to make Coffee Pecan Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a square 19cm (base measurement) cake pan with the melted butter to grease. Line the base and sides of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well after each addition, until combined (the mixture may curdle at this stage).
- Combine the coffee and hot water in a jug. Stir in the milk. Stir half the plain flour and then half the self-raising flour into the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in half the milk mixture until combined. Repeat with remaining flours and milk mixture until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Arrange the pecan halves in rows over the top. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the extra sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until liquid is syrupy (see microwave tip). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack placed over a baking tray. Drizzle evenly with the sugar syrup. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Coffee Pecan Cake
fatContent: 385.507 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 33 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : european, vegetarian, pescatarian, dessert, cinnamon sticks, sugar, pecan, flour, milk, coffee, cake, butter, picnic, morning tea, afternoon tea, bake, party, baking, nuts, tea, special occasion, high protein, low sodium,