Carrot, Walnut And Linseed CakeBy Jan Purser On Jul 15, 2020
Cooking Carrot, walnut and linseed cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Carrot, walnut and linseed cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This Tasty carrot cake provides essential fatty acids in the form of monounsaturated fats from the walnuts and canola oil, and omega fatty acids from the linseeds, walnuts and canola oil.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Carrot, Walnut And Linseed Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 270g (1 1/4 cups, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 160ml (2/3 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 300g (2 cups, firmly packed) grated carrots
- 90g (2/3 cup) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 45g (1/4 cup) linseeds
- 300g (2 cups) white self-raising flour
- 80g (1/2 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Carrot, Walnut And Linseed Cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 23cm cake pan with the melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Place sugar, oil, eggs, egg whites and milk in a large bowl and use a fork to whisk until combined. Add carrots, walnuts and linseeds, and mix well.
- Sift the flours and cinnamon together over mixture, and tip bran left in sifter into bowl. Use a large metal spoon to fold in until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan and turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar and cut into wedges.
Nutritions of Carrot, Walnut And Linseed Cake
fatContent: 386.463 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol