Orange Glazed HamBy Gemma Purcell On Jul 07, 2020
Cooking Orange glazed ham step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Orange glazed ham you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This beautiful glazed ham tastes as beautiful as it looks.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Orange Glazed Ham
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 11 star anise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 5.5kg-6kg easy carve smoked shoulder or leg ham
- 4 oranges, peeled, cut into 5mm slices
- MasterFoodsu00ae Cloves Whole
The instruction how to make Orange Glazed Ham
- Stir the juices and sugar in a saucepan over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add the cinnamon stick, ginger and 3 star anise. Simmer for 30 minutes. Cool in fridge for 1-2 hours. Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise. Stir the soy sauce.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut around the ham shank in a zig-zag pattern about 10cm from the end. Run your fingers between the rind and fat to remove. Trim the fat to 1cm thick.
- Put the oven shelf in the lowest position. Preheat to 180u00b0C. Place a wire rack in a roasting pan. Place ham on the rack. Wrap shank in foil. Add a little water to pan. Brush 1/4 cup of glaze over the ham.
- Arrange the orange slices, overlapping, on top. Secure each slice with a clove. Brush half the glaze over the top. Place the star anise on top of oranges. Secure the points of the star. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Brush occasionally with remaining glaze. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritions of Orange Glazed Ham
fatContent: 508.114 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 70 grams protein