Yoghurt And Orange Syrup CakeBy Not available On Jul 13, 2020
Cooking Yoghurt and orange syrup cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Yoghurt and orange syrup cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The deliciously sweet syrup really tops off this yummy cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Yoghurt And Orange Syrup Cake
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal or ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 5 oranges
- 350g Greek style yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rosewater or rosewater essence
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
The instruction how to make Yoghurt And Orange Syrup Cake
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (150C fan-forced)
- Grease a 24cm spring form pan, line base and sides with baking paper
- Sift flour, semolina, baking powder, baking soda and salt into large mixing bowl. Stir in almond meal.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar together until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Combine butter, oil, vanilla and orange zest in a bowl, and then pour over flour mixture.
- Add yoghurt and one third of the egg mixture and stir to combine. Gently fold in remaining mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake on the lowest shelf for 45 u2013 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean; keep a close eye not to overcook.
- Whilst cake is baking, prepare the syrup. Combine zest and juice of oranges, water, sugar, rose water and spices in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 10 u2013 15 minutes until syrup thickens slightly.
- When cake is cooked, make some small holes in the top of the cake with a skewer, and then gradually brush the hot syrup over the hot cake and leave to cool in the pan.
- When cake is slightly cool, remove from tin, arrange segmented orange, strawberries, pistachios and rose petals over the cake. Serve slices of the cake with Greek yoghurt.
Nutritions of Yoghurt And Orange Syrup Cake
fatContent: 664.898 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 75.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 47.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 98 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon