Basa Fish CakesBy Curtis Stone On Jul 13, 2020
Cooking Basa fish cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Basa fish cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Delicious, healthy, easy to prepare, and great value for money Curtis Stones basa fish cakes with tomato cucumber salad are the perfect family meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Basa Fish Cakes
- 500g basa fillets
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coles Mayonnaise
- 1 Coles Brand Free Range Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Coles Brand Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Coles Brand Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Smart Buy Dried Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 large field tomato, cored and cut into thick slices
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, ends removed, cut in half lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 80 grams 4 leaf lettuce mix
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Basa Fish Cakes
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- Place basa fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with half the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and cook in oven for 10-12 mins, until opaque and just cooked through, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, coriander, mayonnaise, egg, remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix until well combined. Break basa fillets into large flakes and add to bowl. Add breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix gently until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 8 balls, press into 1 1/2 cm-thick patties and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Cover and chill for at least 1 hr.
- Heat enough oil to come up to 3mm in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Working in 2 batches, fry fish cakes for 4 mins on each side, or until browned. Drain on paper towels and keep covered with foil while cooking the second batch.
- For the salad, gently toss all ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with the fish cakes.
Nutritions of Basa Fish Cakes
fatContent: 495.925 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon