Tim Tam CakeBy Angela Portela On Jul 13, 2020
Cooking Tim tam cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tim tam cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Feast on this – layers of choc cake, fluffy cream filling and rich ganache. Thats what we call a Tim Tam slam dunk!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tim Tam Cake
- 185g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 370g (1 3/4 cups) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 80g (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 100g Arnottu2019s Tim Tam Original, finely chopped
- 400g milk chocolate, chopped
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 450g (3 cups) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 200g milk chocolate, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Tim Tam Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line base and sides of two 18 x 27cm (base measurement) slice pans.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until just combined. Sift over half the combined flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add milk. Use a metal spoon to fold until just combined. Sift over remaining combined flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add water and fold until just combined.
- Divide mixture among pans. Smooth surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make chocolate ganache, place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate. Stir with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Place in fridge, stirring often, for 40 minutes until thickened slightly.
- To make chocolate filling, use electric beaters to beat butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add icing sugar, malted milk powder and milk, in alternating batches, until smooth and combined. With the beater on low, gradually beat in the chocolate until just combined.
- Place one cake on a wire rack set over a baking tray. Use a palette knife to spread filling over cake. Sprinkle with Tim Tams. Top with remaining cake. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Pour ganache over the top of the cake. Use a palette knife to spread ganache over top and sides to cover. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
Nutritions of Tim Tam Cake