Sticky Pear And Ginger CakesBy Cynthia Black On Jul 12, 2020
Cooking Sticky pear and ginger cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sticky pear and ginger cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Topped with a gingerspiked syrup, these are little bites of fruity spice.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sticky Pear And Ginger Cakes
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 2 firm Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, quartered, cored
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 205g (1 1/4 cups, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
The instruction how to make Sticky Pear And Ginger Cakes
- Combine caster sugar, water and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, stirring, to dissolve sugar. Simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Add pear. Cook, turning, for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Cool. Strain, reserving 375ml (1 1/2 cups) syrup.
- Reheat oven to 180C. Grease eight 185ml (3/4 cup) rectangular cake pans. Line with baking paper. Use electric beaters to beat butter and 1 cup of brown sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in combined flour and ground ginger. Fold in almond meal and sour cream. Divide among pans. Top with pears, pressing down gently. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Combine the reserved syrup, brandy and remaining brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir for 5-10 minutes or until thick. Drizzle the syrup over the cakes.
Nutritions of Sticky Pear And Ginger Cakes
fatContent: 577.185 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 88 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.5 grams protein