Coffee & Walnut CakeBy Valli Little On Jul 11, 2020
Cooking Coffee & walnut cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Coffee & walnut cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The complementary bittersweet flavours make this cake a timeless favourite.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Coffee & Walnut Cake
- 200g softened unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (125g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50ml milk
- 1 cup (120g) chopped walnuts, plus extra to serves
- 90ml coffee essence (see notes)
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) icing sugar, sifted
- 120g softened unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2/3 cups (250g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee essence (see notes)
The instruction how to make Coffee & Walnut Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a 23cm x 12cm x 7cm loaf pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and caster sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour and baking powder, followed by the milk, walnuts and 50ml coffee essence. Spoon into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter, icing sugar and coffee essence with electric beaters until thick and pale.
- Slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate and spread with half the buttercream. Top with another layer and remaining buttercream, then place remaining cake layer on top.
- To make the icing, place icing sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons coffee essence in a bowl and stir until smooth. Pour over the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Garnish with extra nuts, then serve.
Nutritions of Coffee & Walnut Cake
fatContent: 912.502 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 115 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 96 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 183 milligrams cholesterol