Ice Cream CakeBy Valli Little On Jul 11, 2020
Cooking Ice cream cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Ice cream cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Summer signals refreshing desserts, like this this stunning homemade ice cream cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Ice Cream Cake
- 600ml thickened cream
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500g peeled rockmelon, roughly chopped
- 125g punnet raspberries
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Summer fruits, to serve
- Honeycomb, to serve
The instruction how to make Ice Cream Cake
- To make sponge cake: Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs with electric beaters for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly, until dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the flours and cream of tartar into a bowl. Fold half the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then fold in the milk mixture. Fold in the remaining flour mixture, then pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool the sponge cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Lightly grease a 26cm x 12cm x 8cm terrine or loaf pan and line it with baking paper, allowing plenty to overhang the sides of the pan.
- Place the thickened cream in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Slowly add the condensed milk and beat for a further 1 minute until thickened and well combined. Place half the mixture in a bowl and stir in the vanilla extract. Divide the remaining cream mixture between 2 bowls, then cover and refrigerate until required.
- Carefully pour half the vanilla mixture into the lined terrine, then place the terrine in the freezer for 1 1/2-2 hours until the vanilla ice cream is almost firm. Cover and chill the remaining vanilla mixture until required.
- Whiz rockmelon in a blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve, pressing down on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the solids, then stir rockmelon juice into 1 bowl of remaining cream mixture. Remove terrine from freezer, then pour the rockmelon mixture over the vanilla layer. Return to the freezer for a further 1 1/2-2 hours until the rockmelon ice cream is almost firm.
- Whiz the raspberries, caster sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water in a blender until a smooth puree. Pass through a sieve, pressing down on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard solids, then fold raspberry puree into the bowl of remaining cream mixture until well combined. Remove the terrine from the freezer, then pour the raspberry mixture over the rockmelon layer. Return terrine to the freezer for a further 1 1/2-2 hours until the raspberry layer is almost firm.
- Remove the terrine from the freezer and pour the remaining vanilla mixture over the raspberry layer. Return the terrine to the freezer for a further 30 minutes or until the vanilla layer is just starting to firm up.
- Remove the terrine from the freezer. Cut the sponge cake to fit exactly over the top of the ice cream layers. Place on top of the vanilla layer, gently pressing down. Cover with overhanging paper and return to the freezer for a further 3-4 hours or overnight until completely firm.
- When almost ready to serve, transfer the terrine to the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
- Once softened, pull on the overhanging baking paper to loosen the ice cream cake, then invert onto a platter and remove the baking paper. Cut into slices and divide among serving plates. Garnish with mint leaves, summer fruits and crushed honeycomb, then serve.
Nutritions of Ice Cream Cake
fatContent: 871.633 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 31 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 93 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 78 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 212 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : vegan, sponge cake, caster sugar, raspberry, rockmelon, cream, spring, summer, birthday, dessert, cake, ice cream, desserts, summer desserts, dessert recipes, frozen desserts, high protein, high fibre,