Melt And Mix Fruit CakeBy Claire Brookman On Jul 10, 2020
Cooking Melt and mix fruit cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Melt and mix fruit cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Mix it up this Christmas with an easy festive cake loaded with dried fruit and nuts.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Melt And Mix Fruit Cake
- 400g butter, chopped
- 2 x 375g packets dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups dried pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup glace cherries, halved
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup orange and mandarin marmalade
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
The instruction how to make Melt And Mix Fruit Cake
- Place butter, dried mixed fruit, dates, prunes, cherries, cranberries, brandy, marmalade, golden syrup and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C/130u00b0C fan-forced. Grease two 7cm-deep, 22cm round (base) cake pans. Line bases and sides with 3 layers of baking paper. Stir egg into fruit mixture. Sift over flours and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Level tops. Decorate with almonds.
- Bake for 2 hours 30 minutes (see tip) or until a small sharp knife inserted in centre of each cake comes out clean (cover with foil if over-browning). Wrap pans in foil. Turn onto a board (this ensures the top of the cake is flat). Cool completely. Remove cakes from pans. Serve.
Nutritions of Melt And Mix Fruit Cake
fatContent: 295.882 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 54 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : easy, christmas, bake, almonds, flour, egg, brandy, glace cherries, cranberries, prunes, dates, dried fruit, butter, cake, fruit cake recipe, fruit pudding, dessert recipe, christmas fruit cake, traditional recipe, british,