Mini Glace Fruit CakesBy Claire Brookman On Jul 10, 2020
Cooking Mini glace fruit cakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mini glace fruit cakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Mix it up this Christmas with these easy festive cakes, loaded with dried and glace fruits.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mini Glace Fruit Cakes
- 400g butter, chopped
- 2 x 375g packets dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups dried pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup glace cherries, halved
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup orange and mandarin marmalade
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 250g glace pineapple, chopped
- 250g glace apricots, chopped
- 2 x 100g packets multi-coloured glace cherries
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup apricot jam, warmed, sieved
The instruction how to make Mini Glace Fruit Cakes
- Grease 20 holes of four 6-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity Texas muffin pans. Line base and side of each hole with a 5cm x 22cm strip baking paper.
- Place butter, dried mixed fruit, dates, prunes, cherries, cranberries, brandy, marmalade, golden syrup and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Cool completely.
- Stir egg into fruit mixture. Sift over flours and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Level tops.
- Combine pineapple, apricot, cherries and almonds in a bowl. Divide among cakes, gently pressing down on topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake for a further 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for 2 hours. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Brush apricot jam over cakes. Allow to set. Serve.
Nutritions of Mini Glace Fruit Cakes
fatContent: 706.723 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 107 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 88 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 111 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : vegetarian, glace cherries, apricot, pineapple, flour, egg, christmas, dinner party, dessert, brandy, dates, butter, cake, mini fruit cakes, fruit cake recipe, how to make fruitcake, christmas fruit cake recipe, high protein, high fibre,
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon