Butter Cake With Lemon FrostingBy Katrina Woodman On Jul 10, 2020
Cooking Butter cake with lemon frosting step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Butter cake with lemon frosting you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Take the cake and master your baking technique with this classic lemonfrosted butter cake.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Butter Cake With Lemon Frosting
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Butter Cake With Lemon Frosting
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy (see Cooking class, below). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half the flours. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make lemon frosting Using an electric mixer beat butter, icing sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice together until pale and fluffy.
- Spread cake with lemon frosting. Serve.
Nutritions of Butter Cake With Lemon Frosting
fatContent: 523.171 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 35 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 146 milligrams cholesterol