Picture Frame CakeBy Kathy Knudsen On Jul 10, 2020
Cooking Picture frame cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Picture frame cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Special occasion celebrations mean cake, so wow your guests with this impressive creation!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Picture Frame Cake
- 2 x 340g packets golden buttercake cake mix or 2 quantities Homemade buttercake (see related recipe)
- 1/3 cup apricot jam, warmed, strained
- Pure icing sugar, sifted for dusting
- 2 1/2 x 500g packets ready-made white icing
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Gold edible paint
The instruction how to make Picture Frame Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease two 3cm-deep, 19cm x 30cm (base) lamington pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang on long sides.
- Prepare packet cakes following packet directions, or homemade buttercakes (see related recipe). Divide mixture between prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Stand cakes in pans for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Make buttercream icing: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined
- Using a serrated knife, level tops of cakes if necessary. Place 1 cake, cut-side down, on board. Spread with 1/4 cup jam, then half the buttercream icing. Top with remaining cake, cut-side down. Thinly spread remaining buttercream icing over top and sides of cake.
- Dust a flat surface with icing sugar. Knead white icing until smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll icing out until 1cm-thick and large enough to cover cake (30cm x 40cm rectangle). Using a rolling pin, gently lift icing over cake. Dust hands with icing sugar. Using hands, smooth icing over top of cake. Ease icing around the sides of cake. Push icing in and around cake base, trimming excess icing with a sharp knife.
- Re-roll excess icing until 5mm thick. Cut two 3cm x 20cm strips and two 3cm x 30cm strips from icing. Brush a little remaining jam around top edge of cake to form a 2cm border. Using picture as a guide, place icing strips on top of jam, carefully cutting corners at an angle to fit together. Using icing stamps or embossing tools, make decorative imprints in frame. Using a ruler or knife, make lines in frame. Paint icing border with gold colour.
- Brush corners of photo with a little of the remaining jam. Place photo in frame, pressing corners gently to stick. Emboss icing around photo to create a decorative pattern. Decorate cake base with ribbon. Serve.
Nutritions of Picture Frame Cake