Red Velvet CakeBy Sarah Hobbs On Jul 07, 2020
Cooking Red velvet cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Red velvet cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Enjoy a slice or two of this sweet, moist red velvet cake topped with luscious orange cream cheese frosting.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Red Velvet Cake
- 180g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon red liquid food colouring
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Fresh blueberries, to serve
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
- 250g cream cheese
- 60g butter
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
The instruction how to make Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the bases of two 22cm round (base measurement) cake pans with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, cocoa powder and buttermilk, in batches, until well combined. Add the vinegar, bicarbonate of soda and food colouring and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the prepared pans. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add the icing sugar, orange rind and orange juice and beat until well combined.
- Place one of the cakes on a serving platter. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the top. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the raspberries and blueberries. Sandwich with remaining cake. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Decorate with remaining raspberries and blueberries. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Red Velvet Cake
fatContent: 511.221 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 41 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 103 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : dinner party, orange, flour, butter, cream cheese, bake, cake, party, birthday, dessert, vegetarian, cupcakes, icing, frosting, snack, baking, easy, simple, everyday, kid-friendly, lunch box, picnic, fete, high protein,
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon