Pink Marble CakeBy Alison Roberts On Jul 07, 2020
Cooking Pink marble cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pink marble cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
With strawberrypink swirls and clever feathered icing, these pretty cakes are in honour of Pink Ribbon Day.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pink Marble Cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 185g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon milk, extra
- Pink liquid food colouring
- 1 egg white, extra, at room temperature
- 300g (2 cups) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Pink Marble Cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush an 18 x 28cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, caster sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 10-12 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half the flour and half the milk, and use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined. Add the remaining flour and milk and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Stir the extra milk into 1 bowl. Add a few drops of food colouring to the remaining bowl.
- Spoon the white and pink cake mixtures alternately into the prepared pan. Use a skewer to swirl. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy. Stir in the icing sugar. Gradually add lemon juice, stirring until spreadable. Spoon about one-quarter of the icing into a piping bag fitted with a 5mm plain nozzle. Add a few drops of pink food colouring to the remaining icing.
- Spread pink icing over cake. Pipe lines of white icing crossways. Draw a skewer lengthways through the lines to create a feathered effect. Cut into pieces to serve.
Nutritions of Pink Marble Cake
fatContent: 365.431 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 38 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol