Maple Syrup CakeBy Valli Little On Jul 01, 2020
Cooking Maple syrup cake step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Maple syrup cake you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Maple Syrup Cake
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 65ml milk
- 225ml pure maple syrup
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 50g pecan nuts, lightly toasted, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 225ml pure maple syrup
- 3 eggwhites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Maple Syrup Cake
- Preheat the oven (not fan-forced), to 160u00b0C. Grease a 23cm springform cake pan and line the base.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Beat together the eggs and milk, and gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating with the maple syrup. Sift dry ingredients together and fold into the mixture, then add pecans. Spread the mixture into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the toffee shards. Line a baking tray with a sheet of foil. Place the sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to high and cook until it turns a light golden caramel. Quickly pour onto the lined tray, swirling the tray to spread the toffee as wide as possible.
- Set aside to cool, then break the toffee into shards.
- To make the icing, place the maple syrup in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes. Whisk eggwhites in a large bowl until firm but not dry, then add the maple syrup in a slow steady stream. Add the vanilla, then continue whisking until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Slice the cake through the centre and place the bottom half on a serving plate. Spread with some of the icing, then place the other cake half on top. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing, smoothing with a palette knife. Just before serving, stick the toffee shards around the perimeter of the cake.
Nutritions of Maple Syrup Cake
fatContent: 715.805 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 123 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 91 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein